Explore high-quality, ad-free learning apps with Playaway Launchpads. These secure, pre-loaded learning tablets are created just for children and cover a wide array of subject areas and themes, such as math, STEAM, language learning, animals, dinosaurs, space, and more. Each Launchpad has at least 10 apps pre-loaded for learning and fun.
Your kit includes:
- Power charging cord with USB and AC adapters
- To turn on: hold down the power button located on the right side for 3 seconds.
- To enter standby mode: press the power button.
- To turn off: hold down the power button for 3 seconds.
Navigating the Launchpad
- Game controller icon: Go to the app menu screen.
- T-shirt icon: Customize your avatar by redeeming discovery points.
- People icon: View “Play Analytics.” See the top 3 apps played as well as how time is spent on the device according to 6 different learning areas.
- Home & Back icons: Use the Android navigation bar to exit apps or return to the homepage. To prompt the navigation bar to appear, touch the bottom of the screen.
Viewing Battery Life
- The battery life indicator is located at the top right of the home screen. The indicator is green when charging and when battery life is at 15% or higher. The indicator is red when battery life is under 15%.
Resetting the Launchpad
- A reset button located on the back of the Launchpad will clear all device and app data. Upon return of this device, library staff will reset it to factory settings.
- Guide: Using Playaway Launchpad (from Playaway)
- If the Launchpad won’t turn on, charge the Launchpad for 5 minutes and retry.
- If the Launchpad freezes or is working improperly, perform a soft reset by holding down the reset button located on the back of the Launchpad for 10 seconds.
Ideas for Use
- Since each Launchpad is pre-loaded with apps, there is no need to connect to wifi! Take these with you in the car, to the doctor’s office, or anywhere you need to be on the go.
- All of the apps featured on the Launchpads are also available to download on Apple or Android devices. Use the Launchpads as a “try it before you buy it” experience with children’s apps in your personal collection