A Chromebook is a portable computer that is optimized for internet use. These machines are designed to be used primarily while connected to the internet, with most applications and documents living in the cloud. You can use the Chrome browser for many functions and are able to install apps, as needed.
- 1 Chromebook (replacement cost: $277 + $15 processing fee)
- 1 Protective case (replacement cost: $25)
- 1 Power Cable (replacement cost: $15)
Instructions for how to use this Chromebook:
- Turn on the Chromebook: Open the lid and press the Power button
- Connect the Chromebook to the internet:
- Open the Wi-Fi settings on the Chromebook by clicking on the wifi icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- From the list of wireless networks, select the wireless network name you’d like to connect to.
- Log into the Chromebook:
- Click on the arrow icon under where it says Click Here.
- Click the blue arrow to continue.
- Read the Internet Use Policy and click the Accept and Continue button.
- End your Chromebook Session: Click on the Exit session button in the lower right corner.
- Note that when you end your session all data will be cleared from the Chromebook. If you wish to save any work you will need to save it to an external storage device.
To return the Chromebook:
Please bring the Chromebook to the Checkout Desk in the library. Before returning, please check that the items are in the bag.
We appreciate your feedback! If you would like to share feedback about your experience please use our feedback from at https://princetonlibrary.org/device-feedback.