Waterproof, fog proof and phase-coated for improved image quality, these binoculars are ideal for your next birding, camping or hiking adventure. Field of View is 393 feet at 1,000 yards, and minimum focus distance is 6.6 feet. 8x magnification and 42mm objective lens diameter. Hard-shell case and carrying strap included.
- Kit Replacement: $165 + $15 Processing Fee
- Binoculars: $140
- Strap: $10
- Case: $15
- Lens Cloth
Adjusting for Distance Between Eyes: The distance between eyes, called “interpupillary distance,” varies from person to person. To achieve perfect alignment of lens to eye, follow these simple steps:
- Hold your binoculars in the normal viewing position.
- Grasp each barrel firmly. Move the barrels closer together or farther apart until you see a single circular field. Always reset your binoculars to this position before using.
Focusing the Binoculars: The binoculars have a center focus wheel and an independent right diopter eyepiece to account for small differences in the strength of each eye. Please follow the steps below to focus properly.
- Rotate the right eyepiece to it’s index mark and sight on a fixed distant object.
- Cover the right objective (front) lens with your hand, then rotate the central focus wheel until the image in the left eyepiece is sharp.
- Image should now be focused to your individual eye strength.
Roll-Down Eyecups: These binoculars are fitted with rubber eyecups designed to exclude extraneous light. For eyeglass wearers, lowering or rolling down the eyecups will bring your eyes closer to the binocular lenses, thus providing an improved field of view.
Cleaning and Care: Cleaning must be done carefully to avoid scratching the lenses and permanently damaging the binoculars. Safe cleaning can be accomplished by following the procedure:
- Blow away any dust of debris on the lens (or use cleaning cloth provided).
- Using the lens cloth provided, remove dirt, grease or fingerprints by rubbing in a circular motion.
- IMPORTANT: Never attempt to clean the binoculars internally or try to take them apart.