A handy tool during power outages or for your next camping trip, this radio comes integrated with a 1W LED flashlight with zoom, an SOS alarm, 2000mAh power bank, 2 LED lights, and several power options. It also receives weather forecasts and emergency news broadcasts from NOAA and AM/FM stations.
The Emergency Weather Radios are supplied by the Ready for Anything Mini Grants Program. Funding for this initiative is provided by LibraryLinkNJ, The New Jersey Library Cooperative whose services are funded by the New Jersey State Library, which is responsible for coordination, promotion, and funding of the New Jersey Library Network. Funding was made possible by a generous donation from EBSCO Information Services.
Power Bank Charging Methods:
A. Hand Crank:
- Turn the hand crank for 3-5 minutes to activate the internal battery before initial use.
- Continuously turn the hand crank at a speed of 130-150 RPM/min to generate power.
- Radio will be fully charged in 4 hours.
- One minute of cranking supports 20 minutes of light & 10-15 minutes of radio usage of medium volume.
B. Solar Power:
- Expose the radio solar panel to direct sunlight.
- Solar panel will charge the entire device, including the radio flashlight and SOS alarm.
- Used for maintaining and extending battery life.
C. USB Port Charging:
- Recharge the radio via supplied micro USB cable.
- The power indicator light turns red during charging; it will turn off after being fully charged.
- It takes 4.5 hours to fully charge the internal battery.
D. AAA Battery:
- Note: Batteries are not included in this kit.
- Use AAA alkaline batteries only.
- Remove battery cover.
- Load the batteries accordingly and close the battery door.
- Push the battery switch to the AAA position.
- Press the torch switch to turn it on/off.
- Adjust the torch bezel to change the light focus.
Access the full user manual for more complete usage instructions.