A digitized collection of historical periodicals from the town of Princeton and Princeton University. A joint project with Princeton University, The Historical Society of Princeton and the Princeton Public Library, new titles and dates will continue to be added in the future.
- Freely available to all, no library card necessary.
- Read about the project here.
- Titles currently included are Town Topics, earlier versions of the Princeton Packet (Princeton Press, Princeton Standard, Princeton Whig, etc.), Princeton Recollector and the Princeton Herald. University publications include The Daily Princetonian, Princeton University Weekly Bulletin, and Nassau Literary Review.
- Check the database for the most up-to-date information, including dates of coverage and complete list of included titles.
- Ability to search all available newspapers collectively or limit search to individual titles.
- Browse by date or newspaper title.
- Search for individual articles, articles by keyword or read the entire issue.
- Clip and save articles or print.
- For a partial index for selected years of the Princeton Packet and Town Topics, see the Local Newspaper Index.
- For a comprehensive list of the library’s historical newspaper holdings and how to access them, see Princeton and Local History: A Resource Guide.