Due to COVID-19, the library’s Museum Pass Program has new procedures, and may be subject to further changes and updates in the near future. To ensure a successful visit, read this page carefully prior to reserving a pass.
- You must have a valid PPL library card to reserve a museum pass.
- There are two types of passes: physical circulating passes to be picked up at the library, and printable passes.
- Passes with this icon are printable passes
- EXCEPTION: The American Museum of Natural History. See FAQs for additional details.
NEW: Timed-Ticketing Procedures and Museum Requirements:
- Most museums and institutions now require a timed-ticket for entry, in addition to your museum pass. Once you reserve your pass on the library’s website, see the instructions in the museum details to reserve your timed-ticket.
- If you have a museum pass but have not reserved a timed-ticket, you will NOT be allowed access to the museum.
- If you have a museum pass and were unable to reserve a timed-ticket for the same day, cancel your museum pass reservation and try a different day.
- Museum hours of operation have changed. Be sure to check with the museum regarding hours and restrictions prior to your visit.
For additional information and instructions, see the Frequently Asked Questions below.
The Museum Pass Program is made possible through the library’s Challenge Grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Reserve a Pass
Museum (lists all of the museums for which the library has a membership)
By Date (view by 30 day rolling window)
- Academy of Natural Sciences
- American Museum of Natural History (NOTE: This is a ticket that must be picked up at the Information Desk.)
- Battleship New Jersey
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan
- Eastern State Penitentiary (NOTE: This is a physical pass that must be picked up at the Information Desk.)
- Frick Collection (NOTE: Frick Collection is only open at its temporary home on Madison Ave.)
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
- Morven Museum & Garden
- Museum of Modern Art (NOTE: This is a physical pass that must be picked up at the Information Desk.)
- Mütter Museum
- Newark Museum
- New-York Historical Society
- Old Barracks Museum
- Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts
- Princeton University Libraries (NOTE: This is a physical pass that must be picked up at the Information Desk.)
- Storm King Art Center (NOTE: This is a physical pass that must be picked up at the Information Desk.)
Please note that Grounds for Sculpture no longer offers a library museum pass for admission.