To ensure a successful visit, read this page carefully prior to reserving a pass.
- You must have a valid PPL library card to reserve a museum pass.
- There are two types of passes:
- Physical circulating passes to be picked up at the library. These passes can be picked up at the Information Desk on the second floor of the library no earlier than 3 p.m. the day prior to use and must be returned to the library no later than 11 a.m. the day after your date of use. EXCEPTION: The American Museum of Natural History. See FAQs for additional details.
- Printable passes. All printable passes can be printed from home or at the Information Desk.
Timed-Ticketing Procedures and Museum Requirements:
- Many museums and institutions now require a timed-ticket for entry, in addition to your museum pass. Once you reserve your pass on the library’s website, see the instructions in the museum details to reserve your timed-ticket.
- If you have a museum pass but have not reserved a timed-ticket, you will NOT be allowed access to the museum.
- If you have a museum pass and were unable to reserve a timed-ticket for the same day, cancel your museum pass reservation and try a different day.
- Museum hours of operation have changed. Be sure to check with the museum regarding hours and restrictions prior to your visit.
For additional information and instructions, see the Frequently Asked Questions below.
The Museum Pass Program is made possible through the library’s Challenge Grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Reserve a Pass
By Museum (lists all of the museums for which the library has a membership)
By Date (view by 30 day rolling window)
- American Museum of Natural History (NOTE: This is a ticket that must be picked up at the Information Desk.)
- Museum of Modern Art
- Storm King Art Center
Please note that Princeton University Library passes are no longer available. Community members are now able to make a reservation to research or visit Firestone Library through the University’s reservation webpage. There are 25 reservations each day that are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If you have any questions or concerns about visiting Firestone Library, please contact Firestone’s Access Office at 609-258-5737 or email@example.com.
- Academy of Natural Sciences
- Battleship New Jersey
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Frick Collection (NOTE: Frick Collection is only open at its temporary home on Madison Ave.)
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
- Morven Museum & Garden
- Museum of the American Revolution
- Mütter Museum
- Newark Museum
- New-York Historical Society
- Old Barracks Museum
- Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts