The Technology Center is outfitted with 12 Retina iMacs, A/V projection system and lectern. Select iMacs include premium software like Adobe Creative Cloud. The Technology Center is open whenever classes are not in session. Computers on the second floor are primarily intended for classes, study, and work. Gaming by youth under the age of 18 is not permitted but is allowed on the third floor computers.
Princeton Public Library offers a variety of technology courses. No registration is required, unless otherwise indicated. You do not need a PPL library card to attend these virtual programs. Learn more about what we have to offer in technology education.
- The library has PCs and Macs available on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Computers on the second floor are primarily intended for classes, study, and work. Gaming by youth under the age of 18 is permitted only on the third floor computers. All computers have the ability to print, as well as Microsoft Office and a variety of other software from image editing to audio editing. See our full list of software.
- Headsets are required for watching movies or listening to CDs. Earbuds are available for purchase at the checkout desk.
- We also have laptops to borrow for library card holders at the Information Desk, but they are unavailable during this COVID-19 phase of reopening.
- Professional Software– The library offers professional software available to use for free inside the library. Microsoft Office is available on all PCs and Macs. The Tech Center offers high-end graphics, video, audio and other professional software on select iMacs.
- The entire library has free WiFi with speeds up to 250 Mbps. To join our wireless network, search for Princeton Public Library in your available networks. There is no password required.
- Borrow a mobile hotspot– The library lends T-Mobile 4G LTE hotspots to cardholders for two weeks. Cardholders can reserve a mobile hotspot through the library catalog or by emailing or calling 609-924-9529. Upon checking out the hotspot, cardholders will be required to sign a borrowing agreement and an internet use policy agreement. The hotspot package includes a hotspot device, a wall charging cable and instructions. Extended use fee is $1 per day. Total replacement cost is $120 including processing fees.
- Printing- Print in color or black & white from any computer found on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Printing is 20 cents page.
- Wireless Printing– Customers can print wirelessly from a personal laptop or device. Go to princetonlibrary.org/print or download the ePRINTit app for Apple or Android devices and find our location under TBS-Princeton. Print jobs can be released at the central print release station on the second floor and must be picked up within 24 hours. Printing is 20 cents per page.
- Copying- A photocopier is available in our Business Center. It supports both black & white and color, sizes 8 ½ x 11, 8 ½ x 14 and 11 x 17. Copying is 20 cents per page.
- Scanning- Two dedicated stations for scanning documents are available on the 2nd floor. Scanning is free. You can scan to email, Google Drive or a flash drive.
- Faxing- Faxes may be sent from the Check Out Desk on the first floor. The Library cannot receive faxes on your behalf. Domestic faxes are $2 for the first page, $1 for additional pages. International faxes are $4 for the first page, $2 for additional pages.
- These tools are unavailable during the current phase of COVID-19 reopening.
- Phone charging– If you are in the library and your device battery is low, you can borrow a charger from the Information Desk on the 2nd floor. Our chargers accommodate most iPhones, iPads and Android devices. You will be asked to leave an ID while you use these items in the library.
- Mac Laptop Charging– If you have a Mac laptop with a low battery, we have a variety of Mac power chargers for assorted models. To use one of these items please go to the Information Desk on the 2nd floor. You will be asked to leave an ID while you use these items in the library.
- Tech Borrowing- We offer a variety of helpful gadgets to borrow inside the library including SD Card Readers, floppy drives (for the die hard fans out there), DVD drives and more. Just ask at the Information Desk on the 2nd floor to see if we have what you need. You will be asked to leave an ID while you use these items in the library.
- Teleconferencing- Community members with a PPL library card may borrow a laptop for in-library use which is equipped with Skype. See the Information Desk on the 2nd floor to borrow one of our teleconference-enabled laptops.