Meeting Rooms | Fees | Reservations and Cancellations | Rules of Use | Disclaimer | Insurance Requirements
|Unique, contemporary, stylish and professional, Princeton Public Library is a great place to hold an off-site meeting, staff training, team building event, interviews or other business meetings. With state-of-the-art facilities, nearby parking, and on-site catering, the library has the space you are looking for. The library has distinct meetings spaces that can accommodate large and small groups.
The meeting rooms are available to be rented for use during the library’s normal operating hours*.
|While the primary purpose of the Princeton Public Library’s meeting space is to host library-sponsored events and activities, we are pleased to be able to share these beautiful rooms with area businesses, community partners, nonprofits, and other organizations. The library’s meeting rooms may not be used for a public event unless the library has explicitly agreed to co-sponsor the event. To be considered for co-sponsorship, please complete an event proposal.
For information about reserving a room please email: email@example.com or call 609.924.9529 x1250.
Community Room, 1st Floor
|Seating capacity: 150 lecture style;
up to 90 seated at tables
Usage fee: $30 per hour* – nonprofit
$90 per hour* – corporate
Conference Room, 2nd Floor
Seating capacity: 16 (overflow seating 6)
Princeton Room, 2nd Floor
Seating capacity: 10 (overflow seating 5)
Quiet Room, 1st Floor
Seating capacity: 25 lecture style;
Usage fee: $15 per hour*- nonprofit
Tower Room, 2nd Floor
Seating capacity: 6 (overflow seating 4)
*All rates are per hour and require a 2-hour minimum.
|Community Room, 1st Floor||$30/hour*||$90/hour*|
|Conference Room, 2nd Floor||$15/hour*||$45/hour*|
|Quiet Room, 1st Floor||$15/hour*||$45/hour*|
|Princeton Room, 2nd Floor||$45/hour*||$90/hour*|
|Story Room, 3rd Floor||$30/hour*||$90/hour*|
|Tower Room, 2nd Floor||$15/hour*||$45/hour*|
*All rentals require a 2-hour minimum.
Meeting room fees may be waived for library affiliated organizations or municipal agencies of Princeton.
Equipment Rental Fees for Meeting Room Use
|DVD player with monitor||$25|
|VCR with monitor||$25|
|Laptop computer set-up||$25|
Additional equipment may be available upon request. Equipment MUST be requested prior to the meeting date.
To check room availability or make a reservation, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609.924.9529 x1250. Please provide details about your meeting including possible dates/times and the size of your group.
It is the responsibility of the signer of the agreement form to inform the library if a meeting is canceled. In order to ensure a refund, notice of cancellation must be received at least three days prior to the scheduled event.
The library reserves the right to deny meeting rooms to organizations that fail to notify the library of cancellations or frequently cancel meetings.
For detailed information, please see the Princeton Public Library Meeting Room Rental Policy. The following additional rules apply when using a library meeting room:
- When used as a rental, library meeting rooms are not to be used for the sale of goods or services or recruitment of or marketing to prospective clients.
- Renters may use the library facilities for business or organizational meetings or private events; however, no admission may be charged and no products or services may be advertised, solicited or sold without the express written consent of the library’s executive director and/or rental manager.
- Meeting rooms may not be used for profit-making ventures or by representatives of profit-making companies and/or organizations to market such ventures or otherwise advertise or sell their goods and services.
- Parties, showers, memorial services, receptions cannot be held in the library.
- Groups cannot use the library’s name, address or telephone number as their official address or contact information.
- Groups may not publicize their meeting or event in such a way as to imply library sponsorship or that the meeting is open to the public.
- Groups may advertise their rental through membership lists, private emails lists, opt-in marketing lists or other channels that reach a pre-defined group of members. Any advertisements must include the following: The Princeton Public Library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints of meetings or meeting room users.
- Individuals may not smoke, consume alcoholic beverages, or cook in the meeting rooms.
- Refreshments can be served in the meeting rooms with the exception of the Princeton Room. Catering services are offered by the library’s preferred, the Terra Momo Restaurant Group. If they are unable to provide catering for a meeting/event, arrangements may be made with an approved caterer. Contact the Facilities Rental Coordinator for a list of approved caterers. Refreshments for a meeting/event may also be purchased at the library cafe, Terra Libri.
- The library is not responsible for equipment, supplies, materials or any personal property owned by those sponsoring or attending meetings at the library.
- Use of the meeting room shall not conflict with normal library operation or with library sponsored meetings, programs, or activities. Groups will adhere to the Library Code of Conduct and keep noise levels consistent with the proper atmosphere of the library at all times.
- Groups that wish to hang items in the meeting rooms must use library-approved supplies.
- Meeting room users are responsible for leaving the room in the same condition as originally found. A fee will be charged in the event the room is not returned to its original state following a meeting.
Denial of Meeting Room Privileges
No group will be permitted use of a meeting room if that use poses a potential disturbance to the normal operation of the library (e.g. excessive noise, a safety hazard, or a significant security risk). The library director may also deny the use of meeting rooms to groups that violate meeting room policies.
—Insurance RequirementsGroups wishing to use the Community Room need a certificate of liability insurance.Sample InsuranceCommercial General Liability Insurance, including contractual, premises operation, products and completed operation, independent contractor/vendors and personal injury. Combined single limits for Bodily Injury and Property Damage must equal at least $1,000,000 each occurrence.All policies shall be underwritten by a carrier licensed in New Jersey and rated at least A in Best’s Key Rating Guide.A properly executed certificate of insurance evidencing all required insurance shall be presented to PRINCETON PUBLIC LIBRARY prior to the event. The certificate of insurance will indicate that PRINCETON PUBLIC LIBRARY, its officers, employees, agents, and consultants are included as additional insureds on the entities General Liability policy.DisclaimersPermission to use a meeting room does not imply library endorsement of the goals, policies or activities of any group or organization.The library is not responsible for loss or damage of equipment, supplies, materials or any personal property owned by those sponsoring or attending meetings at the library. In addition, the Princeton Public Library Board, the Municipality of Princeton, its officers, agents and employees are not to be held liable for any and all claims of injuries, including death, damages or loss, which may arise in connection with a meeting held on library property.