Library By Mail
Library By Mail is a free service provided by the library that delivers material from our collections straight to your door at no cost to you. Request items for “Mail Delivery” from our catalog and they will be mailed to your address as they become available. If we have an email on record for your account, you will receive a U.S.P.S. tracking number in an email message when your package is sent. When you have finished, place the item or items in the mailbag and use our return postage card to have it delivered back to the library for free.
Late fees do apply, so be sure to renew your items online. Below are additional details about using this service:
How to place a Hold for Library By Mail delivery:
- Search our catalog.
- Select the title that you want to receive.
- Select “Place a Hold”
- Type in your username or barcode and PIN (default is last four digits of your phone) if prompted to Log In.
- You will see a drop down menu where you can “Select a Pickup Location”
- Select “Mail Delivery” from the drop down menu.
- Choose “Confirm“
Each time you place a Hold you will have the option of selecting the “Pickup Location”
To return items to the library:
- Put the library item back in the Library By Mail Bag and secure it with the enclosed tie.
- Flip over the address card and slide it into the window – this will now show our address and paid postage.
- Leave the bag in your mail box for the USPS to pick up
You can always return the bag and the items to the library when you are next in town or drop it in one of our drop boxes.
To see your holds:
- Log in to your account and under MY PPL> My Borrowing
- Select “Holds”
- You will see the titles that you have requested.
- If you need to change the Pickup Location for an existing Hold please contact Lending Services at 609-924-9529 ext. 1210 for assistance.