Friends Book Sale
Annual Used Book Sale
**Due to overwhelming generosity, we cannot accept book donations October 1st through October 16th**
The Annual Used Book Sale, featuring a large, sorted assortment of books and audio-visual items, takes place in the library’s Community Room and in a tent on Hinds Plaza. Our next sale will be held October 14-16, 2016.
Preview Sale: Friday, 10 a.m. to noon Admission $10, Free to members of the Friends of the Princeton Public Library. Numbered admission tickets available starting at 8 a.m.
Regular Sale: Friday, noon to 8:30 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Half Price Day: Sunday 1-5:30 p,m., Community Room
Bag Sale: Sunday, 3-5:30 p.m., Hinds Plaza
Special items at this year’s sale include:
“CIOPW” (which stands for charcoal, ink, oil, pencil and watercolor)
– A signed and inscribed first edition of the children’s classic, “The Black Stallion,” complete with ephemera from the author, Walter Farley
– A signed copy of “Subtle is the Lord” by Abraham Pais, the definitive
– A signed first edition of Robert F. Kennedy’s “To Seek a Newer World,” published in 1967
– 14 volumes of The Bibliophile Library fine edition of Elie Wiesel’s works, including a signed copy of “The Jews of Silence”
– A first edition of E.B. White’s first book, “The Lady is Cold”
– A first edition copy of “Letters from His Excellency, George Washington…” from 1803, in its original binding
– An first American edition of “The Kingdom of the Pearl” with illustrations by Edmund Dulac
– A rare 1888 copy of Bric-a-Brac, the Princeton University undergraduate yearbook, replete with whimsical illustrations of campus, societies and clubs, plus other Princeton ephemera
– The collection of Professor Alan Rosenthal, the eminent political scientist, former Director of the Eagleton Institute of Rutgers University
Find more information about the sale at www.booksalefinder.com
Award Winning Book Sale
The Friends of the Princeton Public Library operate a used bookstore in the library. The store shelves are regularly stocked with books covering a wide range of topics and interests. New titles are added daily. If you are looking for a beach read or that rare, out-of-print title be sure to check out the book sale for reasonably priced books.
In addition to the ongoing sale, the Friends host a three-day Annual Book Sale, featuring special collections and rare books, as well as a vast selection of books in all categories.
All book sale proceeds are used to help the library purchase books and materials and to support programs.
Used Book Donation Guidelines
We cannot accept:
Please pack items in sturdy bags or boxes, or bundle & tie with string.
Donations are accepted whenever the library is open. They can be received at the back door on Sylvia Beach Way.
If you have more than 25 boxes of books, a consultation is required. Please contact the Friends of the Princeton Public Library office at (609) 924-9529 ext. 1280.
The library gratefully accepts donations of the following: books in good condition; audiobooks on CD; music CDs; DVDs; textbooks with barcodes.
Check out our listing under New Jersey Book Sales on www.booksalefinder.com