Borrowing and Fees
All circulating items have a loan period of 3 weeks.
- new DVD and Blu-ray movies: overnight rentals (see Rental Fees)
- Library of Things Items: 2 weeks
New DVD and Blu-ray movies (newest releases): $1 per night
Other DVDs, Blu-rays and Video Games: 15 cents per day, up to three weeks
Extended Use Fee
Most circulating items*: 25 cents per day
DVDs, Blu-rays and Video Games: $1 per day
- Museum Passes: $25.00 per day
- Library of Things items: $1 per day
- Items in our children’s and young adult collections are not charged extended use fees.
Extended use fees for circulating items will not exceed the cost of an item.
Replacement Costs for Library Materials
The replacement cost for any circulating material within the library is the item cost plus a $15 processing
fee*, with the exception of:
- Museum passes $50 replacement cost for lost pass
- Interlibrary loans Determined by the lending library, plus $15 processing fee
- For Wireless Hotspots, Chromebooks, and Technology Kits, see Device Borrower’s Agreement.
*Processing fees are non-refundable.
Library items may be renewed for two additional loan periods, except in the following cases:
- DVDs, Blu-rays, Video Games.
- A hold has been placed on the item by another customer.
- The item is an Interlibrary Loan.
Several ways to renew:
- Call 609.924.9529, ext 1210
- Renew at the Self Check kiosks.
- Visit Check-Out Desk or any service desk at the library
- Send an e-mail with your name, library card number, and the titles you wish to renew to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply reply to the email due date notices.
- Log into your account using your username or library card barcode and password.
- Log into your account with your username (or barcode) and PIN.
- Search our catalog. Find the title and format you want to receive. Select “Place hold.”
- You will see a confirmation that says, “Hold requested on [title].”
For your convenience, the library offers self-pickup-hold service. When you receive a notification that your requested item is ready, please visit our Hold Pickup shelving located on the first floor next to the Checkout Desk. Items are shelved alphabetically by the last name and initial of the first name of the cardholder, which appears on the spine label. Should you prefer that the label lists a pseudonym, we are happy to accommodate your request. Please see a staff member to assist you.
Items retrieved from the Hold Pickup shelving may be checked out at the library’s Self-Check Stations or at the Checkout Desk.
The library offers Self Checkout kiosks on the 1st and 3rd floors where you can check out your own items using a touch-screen system. Simply place your items on the bookshelf and follow the directions on the screen. All circulating library items can be checked out at the Self Check kiosks.
From the “My Account” screen you can renew your items, view your available holds, check out your items and pay your outstanding balance by using a credit card, cash, or Apple Pay and any other NFC payments.
For your convenience, the library has book drops in several locations where you can return books and AV materials 24/7.
- 400 Witherspoon Street (parking lot Municipal building)
- Princeton Shopping Center, in the parking lot near Walgreens
- Sylvia Beach Way, in the driveway adjacent to the library
Items that we cannot accept in our book drops:
- Book donations