The Princeton Public Library has over 300 volunteers! With their dedication to the library and to the Princeton community, our volunteers help make our library one of the best in the country! Each year we host a breakfast for our volunteers to let them know how much we appreciate everything they do.
At the Volunteer Breakfast, hosted on April 18, Library Director Leslie Burger warmly thanked the volunteers in attendance with lovely words about their dedication and support for the library and community. As she graciously and gratefully mentioned the various groups of volunteers, she asked if they were present so she could individually acknowledge their work with the library. Flowers decorated the Community Room, giving a warm spring feel to the event. The buffet style breakfast was delicious. A variety of quiches, fresh fruit, pastries, fruit juices, coffee and tea were served. Staff welcomed the volunteers to thank them in person and also in photos through a creative slide show presentation that was interspersed with quotes about volunteerism, service and gratitude.
Princeton Public Library has over 35 ways to volunteer! Here are some of the services the volunteers provide:
- Shelving materials and keeping books in order
- Helping students with their homework after school
- Assisting with materials check-in
- Maintaining book and community information displays
- Assisting with the media collection
- Helping in the used book store
- Working on special projects
- Delivering books to home readers
- Leading English conversation sessions
- Teaching customers how to use Macs
- Assisting with Summer Reading programs
- Assisting with the Princeton Environmental Film Festival
If you are an adult and would like to join our team of volunteers, please fill out this application. If you're a teen and would like to volunteer during the summer, go to this application. The Youth Services Department is currently accepting applications for the summer, and the deadline for applying is May 25.
With such a variety of volunteer positions, you will find your niche at Princeton Public Library!
Photos by JHauge